5 Innovative New Ways to Celebrate National Lollipop Day | Guest Post
Guest Post by Emily Johnson. Emily takes her sweet tooth along wherever she goes. She loves to bring out the best out of the various food items. She follows the simple motto of ‘Eat healthy, Live healthy’. You can check out her writings at MexicanCandy.org.
5 Innovative New Ways to Celebrate National Lollipop Day
Lollipops do form an integral part of our childhood memories, and these little sticks of delicacy are still consumed widely all over the world. Not only have these treats made children their fan, but do have elders admiring them as well. Believed to be discovered during the late 17th century, lollipops are the oldest of treats who still give tough competition to the contemporary pies, chocolates, and cakes.
So is the popularity of this treat that in America people do celebrate the National Lollipop Day with great curiosity and enthusiasm. On this day Lollipops are crafted into numerous types and do contain some strange flavors which are new as well as innovative. So, if you also do love lollipops and do wish to honor these childhood companions of yours, then here are top 5 innovative ways in which you can celebrate this day.
Decorate Your Home with Lollipop Bouquets
This lollipop day, decorate your rooms with colorful bouquets made out of lollipops. Very simple to make and maintain these bouquets would give an all-new makeover to your room. Simply buy a pack or two of different colored lollipops along with a few straws. Put in the lollipop stick on one end of this straw and tie the end with a tape. Do this for each lollipop and then tie all these lollipop sticks together to form an outlook of a bouquet. Finally, place this bouquet over a vase and get yourself an amazing piece of lollipop art.
DIY Salmon Lollipops
Have a party to celebrate this occasion and include a different variety of lollipops which would serve as the perfect appetizer for all your guests. Welcome the Salmon Lollipops which would add all the more fun to the classic sweet taste of the usual lollipops. In order to make these all you require is cream cheese, chives, and salmon. Get some cheese balls and cover them in salmon, once done then sprinkle some chives on it and there you have the most irresistible treat in hand. Serve them to your guest for a heartwarming appetizer treat.
Enjoy the Day with Some Red Wine Lollipop
Now, this definitely does sound tempting. While you may have had varieties of lollipops but this is something which you never had a chance to taste and indulge in. In order to make these get you some red wine, sugar, corn syrup, kosher salt and lollipop sticks with molds. To make this utterly tempting lollipop dish which can easily give a tough competition to Mexican candies, do follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Put red wine in a saucepan and simmer it till 1/3 of it is left. Once done remove the same from the stove and let it cool completely.
- In a different sauce pan put the other ingredients and stir until a paste is formed. Later mix the wine and mix again.
- Now put this over stove and medium mix the ingredients till you see sugar granules easily dissolves.
- Boil this mixture to 310 F and then put the same in the lollipop molds, followed by a lollipop stick standing in each mold.
- Leave the same to cool down and harden, only to later enjoy these little pieces of delicacy as you celebrate lollipop day with much enthusiasm.
Give Try to The Lollipop Cookies
Why not give the traditional lollipops a makeover this national lollipop day and make some cookies with the appearance of lollipops, however, taste more distinct than usual? Made out of flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, vanilla the ingredients itself are sufficient enough to suffice our hunger for something delicious. Try these cookies which appear like lollipops and surprise your guest and or family with the amazing taste they possess.
Now, these are something very new and something which very few of you may know about. Known as the beer pops, this is something you must try on this lollipop day. Get yourself following ingredients before finally starting to make these pops of happiness. Box of chocolate cake mix, 12 ounces of stout, cream cheese, green candy melts and of course the lollipop sticks, this is all you require. Now follow the below steps:
- Heat the oven to 350 F and mix cake along with the stout until the same forms a batter. Now put this batter in a heating pan until the time the cake completely bakes and then let it cool comfortably.
- Now crumble this cake and put it in a container and add some cream cheese or frosting to make it slightly similar to dough.
- Make this dough into balls and put it in for refrigeration.
- Till the time, heat the candy melts as prescribed on the pack and then put the sticks into this mixture half an inch. Now insert the cake ball and then completely dip the mixture into melted chocolate.
- Let it cool and then serve these lollipops to your guest and see the surprised faces they make as the deliciousness captures their tongue.
So, these were the 5 creative ways through which you can celebrate the national lollipop day, and hence pay tribute to this treat which made your childhood bliss!
Loved the article? Share the love or add a comment below!
Want to be featured too? Check out Write For Us for details!
Latest posts by IAmDanElson (see all)
- Ways To Get Motivated Again At Your Current Workplace | Guest Post - August 7, 2017
- 5 Innovative New Ways to Celebrate National Lollipop Day | Guest Post - July 30, 2017
- Top Three Apps for Art-oriented Travelers | Guest Post - July 19, 2017