I want to save money. Saving money allows me to travel, and travel for longer. I am always in the look out for any ways to save money to help me travel. To help you travel I have put together my top 20 unconventional money saving tips.
- Forget your wallet every once in a while
- Make your lunch at home and take it with you to work
- Buy unbranded products
- Buying online? Add it to basket and let them send you a reason to follow through with your purchase!
- Use a hipflask on night outs
- Eat clean – Don’t eat at Macky d’s etc!
- Go for the “offers” when you buy food out and about
- Buy a head shaver and cut your own hair
- Always buying a drink when playing football etc? Buy a water bottle and fit it up at home
- Buying a drink from a shop? Buy whichever is on offer
- Wait until things are on offer before you buy
- Ask yourself “Do I really need it?” and “Can I live Without it?” before you buy
- Run outside and bin that gym membership (that you don’t ever use anyways!)
- Cancel Sky TV and if you really need your TV fix? Grab Netflix free for a month & pay less than a tenner every month
- Buy 2nd hand books from Amazon than brand new ones
- Buy in bulk – 3 packets of chicken for £10 etc rather than one pack for a fiver
- Ask for a discount – Don’t be shy! If its poor service, poor food, or if its very close to out of date
- Sign up for Money Saving Expert Newsletter
- Buy cheapest toilet paper not branded ones!
- Cancel phone contract when you next can, buy a cheap Chinese phone from Amazon and go on cheapest monthly rolling deal
- Shop at outlet stores
Let me know in the comments below how you get on with some of these!
Latest posts by IAmDanElson (see all)
- Adrenaline-Filled Weekend Adventure in Byron Bay | Guest Post - January 16, 2018
- Key Ways On How To Improve Your Life Through Travel With A Zero Dollar Budget | Guest Post - December 23, 2017
- Common Myths About Travelling To Asia | Guest Post - December 20, 2017